Pages

Coffee or Not Peppermint Mocha Prose


Coffee or Not Peppermint Mocha Prose
 
I was writing on my ipad
When the whistling sound of a teapot
Was heard from upstairs in the kitchen
And Interrupted my thoughts of words
Words that I put down inside of my
Document in my note pad, so all those
Rituals and all that brainstorming for
Nothing? No I won’t give up, this high
Pitched sound didn’t stop thankfully
I was able to keep my thoughts words
To use in my writing in an imaginary
File inside of my head.
I called out,” Mom, can you please
Get that?” No answer no one was
Home it was just me alone.
I let out a groan, how I
Disliked being disturbed
But I sucked it up cause
I needed to get up anyway
To pour myself some
Coffee anyways. I picked
Up my black cup poured
a cup of coffee and than
dripped a glob of mocha
creamer in it to overpower
the coffee odor and taste,
I wasn’t much a fan of the
Coffee smell or bitter taste
It tasted like bitter bland
Of rocks and dirt to me.
“There’s no way people
Like this bitter hot beverage
How can they love this?” I
Gasped out in horror as
I tried not to inhale the bland
Cup of coffee, but when the creamer
Was mixed into it I inhaled a deep sigh
Of relief.
The sweet odor of peppermint
Melted onto my tongue as I took
A sip of it and it warmed my body
Up like a thermas ready for the long
Winter.
“ That’s better” I sighed.


    • Digg
    • Del.icio.us
    • StumbleUpon
    • Reddit
    • RSS

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment