Pages

Zero Gravity Memory Poem


Zero Gravity Memory Poem

 
 

I waited in line at the ticket booth

to buy five tickets for the zero gravity.

The ticket worker asked me," how many tickets?"

 

I held up five fingers,

he unrolled five tickets

and dispensed them to me.

 

" thank you," I said to him.

 

than I stood by the ride

it was like a green spin top

watched it it was like green

irish spinning top. Than I

remembered that there was

a ride similar back in the 90's

when I was a little kid about seven.

 

I asked my brother matt

a young teen at the time,

 

" What is that ride called Matteo?"

 

" The graviton," Matt answered.

 

"What is it like can I go on it?" a young seven year old

asked.

 

" It closes around you its in the dark

and it spins and makes you dizzy."

 

" ooh I wanna go on it!" I said to him all excited.

 

" No you don't want to go on it," Matt told me.

 

I snapped back into reality

walked onto the ride as i

approached I saw people

exit the ride.

 

It was so worth waiting and

watching people scream for

joy and in terror but rides

are like that when you hear

screams its the joy of rides

at work.

 

I entered the green spinning

top, and remembered, I first

went on this in IL. It was

the same exact one. Remembered

what my brother had told me but only

difference. It didn't close in but than

decided its probably just another

version didn't hold it against him.

 

Fell in love with it, I think

at the time I probably wouldn't

liked it cause I would definitely

would cry. But now that I am older

and have more experience with

rides I love it! in 2006 it was

brought back to the Old fashion

days in Fruit-port than after

that it was at the coast guard

festival carnival. It was like God

was smiling and decided to

give me a blessing in a attraction

form.

 

I entered the ride

looked around nothing

but walls surrounded

me and picked out

a spot to stand in.

there was a strap and

I secured myself.

 

Than I felt a thrill

shock through me,

it was exciting to have

this ride in Grand Haven.

 

It spun slow at first

to go slow than it

quickly picked up.

Let out a scream

it was like electricity

sped inside of my body.

 

I've tried to move my

arms, legs, neck

and hands. Big mistake,

cause the gs held them down

like a wrestler would pin his

apponnent only it was more

of a forced position.

 

my head, neck

arms and legs

throbbed in pain,

after a while I've

learned that its

best not to move

anything. I found

out the obvious way.

 

Now I laugh it off.

I walked off of the

ride, the first time

my vision blurred

couldn't see a thing

but after a while I got

used to it.

 

" Where's the exit?

I can't see." I

remembered me saying.

 

I wasn't sick I just lost

sight, I had a friend with

me to lean on for help.

 

Now I no longer

am blinded I think

it was new to me

so I reacted in that

way. I love it now

its more of a natural

of a natural way to

get high.

 

I got off the ride

and asked my parents

during coast guard festival.

 

Saw a few officers

and thought," Oh great

they are here hope they

don'y arrest me cause I

am not walking in a straight

line,"

 

Mom said," you're fine,"

 

If they asked me I'd

say," just got off

of the zero gravity,"

about to get a chocolate

chunk, bye officers, keep

up the great work,"

 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment