Pages

Tuesday March 12th 2013 Power Less Prose

Tuesday March 12th 2013 Power Less Prose

I was reading a book when I looked up. There in the window I saw...
A flicker of light just outside my room up the stairs where the
Kitchen was. This took an interest in me so I pulled off the covers
my body froze, peaked out my window the ground was covered
in snow. That's the least of my worries, I mumbled under my breath.

Stumbled as I walked out of my room
out in the family room and looked up
upstairs and to the kitchen area
the view of the flicker grew bigger
as I approached then I heard this
Loud humming and the lights gone
out.

My eyes grew blind, oh lovely
I knew where i was I was not too far
from the kitchen used my hands to
guide myself through the dark. In my
mind this is an adventure, and knew what
To do, clung to the stair railing to guide me
downstairs to my room. It was completely
dark accept one red light the fire alarm.

Fumbled for a flashlight I walked towards
Where my stacked file boxes which I used as
A bookshelves. I knew there was a flashlight
there but as my hands searched like I were reading
Braille I felt my books fall on me as I stuck my
hands in the remaining space where I thought I
placed it. Put back my books that had fell where
they were in the same spots they fell from then I
Remembered.

Ok its not there, lets look on top of the
book cases, I reached for the top of the red
book files cases nothing but my pink Korean
scarf and two hair ties. Oh rats, I thought.

I made me way over to my shoe rack
that hung over my bedroom door, my
hands are feeling for a flashlight nothing
but shoes, then an idea popped into my head.
my nightstand touched the walls as I made my
Way to the nightstand, I knew there were candles
flameless candles I had and a lantern.

I felt for the metal like antique lantern
pulled open the little latch found my
giant flashlight lantern and turned it on
and placed it into my lantern.

Went upstairs to the kitchen again
Thought of checking the electricity box,
but decided to tell my parents what had happened.
On my way there I looked out one of the curtains by
the dining room table. All of our neighbors had power
and noticed that no one behind had any either.

A sound of a cat's meow frightened me
Jackie, he was thirty. So I quickly ran
downstairs, grabbed Jackie's water bowl
and filled it with fresh water.

The trip to the stairs it seemed to take
a while each step I took seemed to squeak
I did my best to be quiet then I reached the kitchen
Level.

I let our a breath of relief
Almost there went up the
stairs just like the ones downstairs
they were just as creaky which each step
I held my breath hoping my parents wouldn't
wake up cause of the steps wouldn't shut up.



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment