Pages

* Tuesday March 26th 2013 Texas Visit Prose

I am in my brother's car, Matt
was nice enough to lend my parents
his car and on the way to his house
we passed a herd of cows.

Long horn cows turned to face
The direction my family and I 
Traveled in, their ears moved
In every which way as if they
Were confused. 

I shout," Hello cows, my cousin Carrie says,"Moo!"

The Texas heat is the first thing
I noticed as I passed the towering
City of Houston. How overwhelmed
I felt, felt they would fall on top of me.
Fought the urge to cry I thought I'd be used
To the city out  where I come from a small
Town city the bigger cities in Michigan are 
Grand Rapids, Detroit and Lansing and I hardly
or never go there.

This city put these cities to shame
could eat the Michigan cities and that
made me laugh.

I saw the tumbling tumble weeds
Roll across the livestock, made me
Remember Kansas, in the middle of 
Nowhere no one well hardly anyone
Knows you're there.

Approached Matt's house greeted
By a female dog, Ginger and nephew,
Carson and niece Kaytlynn and my new
Neices Mercades and Saveria. I'm prepared
To get to know them and have fun with 
Kaytlynn and Carson. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment