Pages

* Sunday April 28th 2013 Texas Dust Storm Prose ( edited)

* Sunday April 28th 2013 Texas Dust Storm Prose ( edited) 

The summers I've spent
With you these memories
I hold deep inside of my memory.
They mean so much more than you
Know. 

The sands swept me off of my feet
Hands up to the skies blue as the ocean
And the sun shine high, the sweet calm
Day turned  and the sands began to slowly
Bury me deep. The skies above me turned into dust.
No one was there to help me. No one hears my
Plea for help, I took this long deep breath. 

A few hours later I was found buried
under the sand around El Paso, Texas. 
I was quickly rushed to the hospital  
cause I had inhaled a large amount 
of sand and needed immediate attention.

Paramedics doctors and nurses
hooked my up to a IVs and fed water
through tubes to hydrate my body. Doctors
pumped the sand out of my body by hooking
a machine up to me and a heart machine to monitor
my heart rate. 

All I remember was that I woke up
and I was in the hospital and found 
myself in a hospital bed machines were
still hooked up to me to keep me alive.
I had seen this angel stare at me, her
face so kind and gentle and she laid her
hand on top of my right hand which 
has been bleeding but had a huge bandage
on it. I looked at her and realized it was 
Grandma Elaine.

Grandma Elaine leaned over
towards me. She noticed my cut
on my hand she smiled at me.
Grandma was happy to see I 
had survived the ordeal. 

Tears welled up inside of my eyes
I was so happy to see Grandma Elaine,
but a thought came to mind. 

" I'm not ready," I cried tears streamed
to my chin. Grandma Elaine nodded
and said," its not your time," its as if
she knew what i was thinking. 

" I love you,"  she reached out to 
give me a gently hug because my
body was weak and fragil . That's
when i felt my lungs rise I had began to
start to breath. Than the heart monitor
beeped steadily. My heart rate was normal
I was alive. I woke up  and physically noticed
there was a machine hooked up to me. 

Than I began to carefully
move my head against my
pillow and tried to raise up my
right arm and severe pain it was
like knives going into it but knew it
was healing. 

I looked up as a male doctor 
stood in front of my bed he
was checking on me. 

" Stephanie, you made it," was all 
I could hear than I opened my eyes.

" Is this a nightmare?" I cried tears
overflowed and soaked my face.

He shook his head," No, your parents
are on their way,"

Than I sat up quickly let out a loud cry
the pain had gone to my side now I had
cried so hard my sides started to hurt
like knives jabbing at me.

" Whoa!" he said," Becareful!" He said
he moved over to carefully set me back 
down in the bed.

" No where's my brother?" 

Than my body flung out of the bed
frantic.

" Its ok your brother and your family
is on the way," 

I took a few deep shallow breaths
the sounds of doors opening and
closing and familar voices my 
sister, Sarah my brother, Matt
Neices; Kaytlynn, Sadie
and Saveria and nephew Carson
and my parents.

I didnt' want my neices to see
me in this much pain. Its not 
fair to them to have us visit
and me getting buried in desert
sand. Gosh I feel so silly yet
I feel like I've survived a disaster. 

Than I heard a male voice
and a woman's voice.

" Stephanie, I can't believe you went out in the desert,"
Dad reached out to give me a hug.

" careful dad, that's my bad arm," my tears wouldn't
stop flowing.

" We were worried about you," Mom said

My brother stood with mom and dad
they were above me looking at me
to make sure I was ok. Thankfully
nothing was hurt but my arm
and minor to my hand and I was
dehydrated and weak. I didn't know
what to do besides cry.

my brother Matt had gone to 
the water tank and gave me a
little cup of water to calm down.
I was so upset when I tried to 
drink the water I choked.

I think that God had sent
Grandma Elaine to keep
me safe. I don't call that
luck I call that a miracle.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment